Thursday, February 20, 2014

Olympic Pride Hair Style

Hey Darlings,

Here is a cute hairstly to show Olympic pride. Since I live in the United States of America I used red, white, and blue colors. But this craft is totally adaptable to any country. You could even try doing the colors of the rings on the Olympic flag! Okay, let's get started!



Supplies:
Ribbon, scissors, ruler, tiny hair clips, and ponytail binders

Start out by measuring your doll's hair and cutting ribbon the according lendth. My doll's hair was about 10 inches. Cut 6 peices. I did 2 of each color.

I'm going to do 2 braids on the side of my doll's head so I split her hair in half in the back then I split it into 3 sections for each part of the braid. I clipped in a ribbon at the top of each of those 3 sections.




Then just braid!


Secure with a ponytail binder, remove the clips, and you are done!

You can re-use the ribbons as hairbows . . .



  . . . or as ponytail tassles.




This is one of my favorite pics. I love the sparkly background!

I hope you liked it! If you try it out send me a picture to me at the e-mail address under the "Contact Me" page.

- Jessica

3 comments:

  1. that is so cute! Although how do you get the ribbon to stay in the first tutorial?!? I tried this on my hair and it didn't work...
    I'm so sorry I haven't emailed you! I just haven't been remembering!!:( maybe once a month or so I could guest star!! I think it would be fun!=^) What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I just kind of tucked the ribbons under her hair. If I were to do it again I would make the ribbon twice as long and put is all the way across her head, so one ribbon would go into both braids. It would stay better than and the ribbons would lokk kind of like headbands. I thought that the individual ribbons made it look like she had streaks of coor in her hair. So, I guess they both have their advantages. But if youare doing it on youself, just do one long peice. As far as guest starring, I will e-mail you tomorrow afternoon - thanks for remembering, I think it would be fun too!!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry about the typos, I think you know what I mean though. (If you don't, please comment again!)

      Delete